Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): TBD
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Davion Mitchell, Jahmi’us Ramsey
SG: Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield, Terence Davis, Robert Woodard II
SF: Harrison Barnes, Louis King (two-way)
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Mo Harkless, Chimezie Metu
C: Richaun Holmes, Tristan Thompson, Alex Len, Damian Jones, Neemias Queta (two-way)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Cory Joseph, expiring 2/11/22) — $3,600,000
- Trade Exception (Nemanja Bjelica, expiring 2/11/22) — $2,009,019
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,804,000 (Alex Len)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Chimezie Metu $1,762,796 ($881,398 guaranteed) — 12/1/21
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Marvin Bagley III
- Tyrese Haliburton (third-year)
Waived Players: Justin James
Traded Players: Delon Wright
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Paul Johnson general manager, Bobby Jackson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Louis King, Neemias Queta
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Vivek Ranadive
- Monty McNair — general manager
- Wes Wilcox — assistant general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Joe Dumars — chief strategy officer
- Phil Jabour — vice president of player personnel
- Paul Johnson — vice president of player development
- Robbie Lemons — director of basketball operations
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Alvin Gentry (associate head coach), Rex Kalamian, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Doug Christie, Rico Hines (player development), Stacey Augmon (assistant coach/player development), Lindsey Harding (assistant coach/player development)
Trainers: Teena Murray (vice president, athlete health & performance, Joe Resendez (head athletic trainer), Craig Slaunwhite (head performance & strength coach)
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Derrick Walton Jr, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2022 — The lower second-rounder from the Detroit Pistons and Chicago Bulls (Jameer Nelson, James Ennis, Xavier Tillman Jr, Russell Wetbrook, DeMar DeRozan).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-54 protected) to the New Orleans Pelicans (Mfiondu Kabengele, BJ Boston Jr).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Delon Wright).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 10/18/21 — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Tyrese Haliburton.
- 12/1/21 — Chimezie Metu’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Mo Harkless and Alex Len.
- 1/15/22 — No-trade restrictions lift on Richaun Holmes and Terence Davis.
- 2/11/22 — Nemanja Bjelica and Cory Joseph trade exceptions expire.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Chimezie Metu’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/3/22 — Robert Woodard II’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23 (or third day after the start of the moratorium, if later).
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/15/22 — Jahmi’us Ramsey’s 2022-23 salary guarantees for 2022-23.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Tyrese Haliburton and Davion Mitchell.
- 6/29/23 — Team option on Robert Woodard II.
- 7/3/23 — Robert Woodard II’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2023-24 (or the third day after the moratorium, if later).
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline on Tyrese Haliburton.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline on Tyrese Haliburton.
- 6/29/24 — Player option for Richaun Holmes.
- Before the first day of the 2024-25 season — Extension deadline on Davion Mitchell.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline on Davion Mitchell.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 9 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/27/21 — Issued qualifying offer to Terence Davis.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Davion Mitchell (2021-9th) and Neemias Queta (2021-39th).
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Kyle Guy.
- 8/5/21 — Signed Davion Mitchell (2021-9th) to a $20,951,517 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Richaun Holmes to a four-year, $46,522,560 contract (team option on the final season, signed via Early Bird Rights).
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Terence Davis to a two-year $8 million contract via Early Bird Rights.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Mo Harkless to a two-year $8,912,580 contract via Non-Bird Rights.
- 8/7/21 — Traded Delon Wright to the Atlanta Hawks for Tristan Thompson from the Boston Celtics.
- 8/8/21 — Signed Neemias Queta (2021-39th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/9/21 — Damian Jones’ $1,977,011 guaranteed for 2021-22.
- 8/9/21 — Chimezie Metu’s salary guaranteed at $881,398.
- 8/13/21 — Signed Alex Len to a two-year $7,650,600 contract, via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/15/21 — Waived Justin James.
- Richaun Holmes — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Kyle Guy (two-way), Corey Brewer*** ($1,669,178)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Arena: Golden 1 Center
Explore more about the Sacramento Kings Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/30/21)
If you are looking to bet on Sacramento Kings, make sure to check on our guide about the best California betting sites. You can also use one of the numerous US online sportsbooks or one of the offshore betting sites or bet on the go with the best mobile sports betting apps.
- Many Believe Joel Embiid Will Seek Trade
- 76ers star James Harden to NBA investigators: ‘Daryl Morey told me I would be traded after opting in’
- Rookie Maxwell Lewis still can’t believe he’s part of the Lakers roster: ‘It’s surreal to be part of this team’
- Thunder waive former Rockets forward Usman Garuba
- Stephen Curry says he’s the best point guard in NBA history, but praises Magic Johnson