Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap and luxury tax.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Jrue Holiday, George Hill
SG: Donte DiVincenzo, Grayson Allen, Rodney Hood, Elijah Bryant
SF: Khris Middleton, Pat Connaughton, Jordan Nwora, Georgios Kalaitzakis
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Semi Ojeleye, Mamadi Diakite, Sandro Mamukelashvilli (two-way)
C: Brook Lopez, Bobby Portis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Torrey Craig, expiring 2/4/22) — $1,620,564
- Trade Exception (DJ Augustin, expiring 2/7/22) — $831,820
- Trade Exception (Sam Merrill, expiring 7/7/22) — $500,000
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $1,890,000 (George Hill)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Mamadi Diakite $1,517,981 ($100,000 guaranteed) — 12/15/21 (increases to $500,000)
- Elijah Bryant $1,517,981 — 12/15/21 (increases to $500,000)
- Georgios Kalaitzakis $925,258 ($462,629 guaranteed) — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Jeff Teague ($1,669,178), Justin Jackson (two-way), Axel Toupane (two-way)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Donte DiVincenzo
- Grayson Allen
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Sam Merrill
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Sandro Mamukelashvilli (two years)
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Marc Lasry
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Dave Dean — vice president of basketball operations
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Patrick Haneman — vice president, basketball strategy & analytics
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Charles Lee, Patrick St. Andrews, Chad Forcier, Ben Sullivan, Vin Baker, Mike Dunlap, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainer: Troy Flanagan (director of performance) Scott Faust (head athletic trainer)
- 2022 — Forfeit second-rounder (Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2023 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (PJ Tucker).
- 2024 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2025 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Ilkan Karaman).
- 2026 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic (Jordan Nwora).
- 2027 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $1 million from the Memphis Grizzlies (Grayson Allen) — $4,785,000
- 9/15/21 — No-aggregation restriction lifts on Grayson Allen.
- 10/18/21 — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo and Grayson Allen.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 12/15/21 — Elijah Bryant’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 12/15/21 — Mamadi Diakite’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Semi Ojeleye, Rodney Hood, Bobby Portis and George Hill.
- 1/7/22 — Mamadi Diakite and Elijah Bryant’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Georgios Kalaitzakis’ $925,258 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 2/4/22 — Torrey Craig trade exception expires.
- 2/7/22 — DJ Augustin trade exception expires.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Elijah Bryant, Donte DiVincenzo, Grayson Allen and Jordan Nwora.
- 6/29/22 — Player options for Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Pat Connaughton and Bobby Portis.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/7/22 — Sam Merrill trade exception expires.
- 7/8/22 — Sandro Mamukelashvilli’s two-way contract guarantees at $50,000 for 2022-23.
- 8/25/22 — Georgios Kalaitzakis’ guarantees at $1,563,518.
- 9/22/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- 1/7/23 — Mamadi Diakite’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 1/7/23 — Georgios Kalaitzakis’ $1,563,518 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mamadi Diakite.
- 1/7/24 — Georgios Kalaitzakis’ $1,836,096 for 2023-24.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Georgios Kalaitzakis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Isaiah Todd (2021-31st).
- 7/30/21 — Traded Isaiah Todd (2021-31st) to the Indiana Pacers for Sandro Mamukelashvilli (2021-54th), Georgios Kalaitzakis (2021-60th), the higher of the Pacers 2024 second-rounder or the lower of the Cleveland Cavaliers or Utah Jazz, and the higher of the Miami Heat or Pacers 2026 second-rounder.
- 8/1/21 — Bryn Forbes and Bobby Portis opted out of their final seasons.
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Axel Toupane and Justin Jackson.
- 8/3/21 — Signed Sandro Mamukelashvilli (2021-54th) to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Bobby Portis to a two-year $8,912,580 with Non-Bird Rights, player option on the final season.
- 8/6/21 — Signed George Hill to a two-year $8 million contract via the taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Rodney Hood to a $2,239,544 minimum contract.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Semi Ojeleye to a $1,789,256 minimum contract.
- 8/7/21 — Traded Sam Merrill, the highest 2024 second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers or (the lower of the Cleveland Cavaliers or Utah Jazz) and the higher 2026 second-rounder from the Miami HEAT or Pacers to the Memphis Grizzlies for Grayson Allen (via the DJ Augustin trade exception) and $1 million.
- 8/10/21 — Signed Georgios Kalaitzakis (2021-60th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,324,872 contract, via the taxpayer mid-level exception.
- 8/12/21 — Re-signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo to a two-year $3,607,937 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
No-Trade: Bobby Portis (One-Year Bird), Thanasis Antetokounmpo (One-Year Bird)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Arena: Fiserv Forum
Explore more about the Milwaukee Bucks Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/9/21)
If you are looking to bet on the Milwaukee Bucks, make sure to check on our guide about sports betting in Wisconsin. You can also use one of the numerous US online sportsbooks or one of the offshore betting sites or bet on the go with the best mobile sports betting apps.
- Many Believe Joel Embiid Will Seek Trade
- 76ers star James Harden to NBA investigators: ‘Daryl Morey told me I would be traded after opting in’
- Rookie Maxwell Lewis still can’t believe he’s part of the Lakers roster: ‘It’s surreal to be part of this team’
- Thunder waive former Rockets forward Usman Garuba
- Stephen Curry says he’s the best point guard in NBA history, but praises Magic Johnson